Artemis White Grogged Stoneware 1230-1300C
Artemis White Grogged Stoneware 164-ARTE
- Recommended firing range 1230-1300C / Cone 6 to 10
- Indicative texture 1-2 (Smooth 1-Coarse 10).
- Artemis is a smooth white stoneware clay body with 40% fine grog (up to 80 Mesh).
- Ideal for wheel-throwing and modelling fine detail, and is particularly suited to crystalline glazes (see Jose Maria Mariscal's website here).
- The high grog content provides excellent performance during drying and firing.
- Ivory in colour after firing, giving an excellent base for glazes and colouring oxides.
- Supplied in a 12.5kg bag.
- Manufactured by SIO2 (Spain)
SIO2 technical data:
- Biscuit: Cone 06 (1020ºC)
- Water content: 19%
- Plasticity (IP Atterberg): 16
- Carbonate content (CaCO3): 0%
- Drying shrinkage: 5.9%
- Firing shrinkage at Cone 10: 7.0%
- Porosity (water absorption) at Cone 10: 0.0%
- Dry bending strength: 3.0 N/mm2
- Fired bending strength at Cone 10: 45.3 N/mm2
- Thermal coefficient (a25-500ºC): 52.6x10-7ºC-1"