Gillespie Borate is a blended borate mineral for use in glaze formulas replacing Gerstley Borate on a pound for pound basis.
- Consistency - Manufactured from high purity refined raw materials, Gillespie Borate™ is highly consistent from batch to batch.
- Oxide Match - Virtually identical to Gerstley Borate, this product requires no adjustment to formula and no extra additives are needed.
- Mineral Match - Gillespie Borate™ provides the same minerals to the glaze as Gerstley Borate, thus imparting the same glaze activity, texture and effects.
- Particle Size Match - As a -200 mesh material, Gillespie Borate™ combines well with other glaze raw materials.
- Plasticity Match - A high colloid and clay content gives the plasticity necessary for many applications.
- Reduced Glaze Defects - Our laboratory studies indicate that Gillespie Borate™ gives increased glaze surface smoothness and a reduction in crawling and pinhole defects.
- Lower In Off-Color Impurities - As a refined blended material, Gillespie Borate™ contains few impurities and produces brighter glazes and colors.