Staffordshire Stoneware 1200-1300C
Staffordshire Stoneware 152-1115
- Recommended firing range 1200-1300C
- Indicative texture 1 (Smooth 1-Coarse 10).
- A relatively recent modification of the original and highly successful Pyropot recipe which was a blend of ball clays, fireclays and red marls.
- Contains fireclay mined from our site in South Staffordshire, near Walsall.
- The high ball clay content imparts exceptional plasticity, making it an ideal throwing body
- Fireclay imparts refractory qualities whilst red marls give this body its characteristic subtle iron fleck
- The recipe uses a proportion of fireclay sourced from our own mine in South Staffordshire
- Firing to warm buff colour, it is particularly suitable for domestic ware
- Ideal for oven-to-tableware
- Standard full bag size 12.5Kg